- Friday, April 12 4:00 PM-7:00 PM Optional Packet Pick Up - Whole Foods. $5.00 Pasta Dinner starts at 5:00 PM
- Saturday, April 13 7:00 AM-8:15 AM Packet pick up and walk up registration opens 7:30 AM-8:00 AM Human 5-0 Photo: Begin assembling in field below Wilder at 7:30 AM. Photo must be completed by 8:00 AM. 8:15 AM-8:20 AM Prerace Presentation: Retiring of the Race Bib #50 - join us at the starting line a few minutes early! 8:30 AM-10:45 AM 15k Road Race 8:30 AM-10:45 AM 5k Road Race 8:30 AM-10:45 AM 8 Mile Trail Race 8:32 AM-10:45 AM 2 Mile Walk 8:35 AM-10:45 AM Kiddie K (10 & Under) 9:30 AM-9:45 AM 5k Road Race Awards Ceremony 10:15 AM-10:30 AM 8M Trail Race Awards Ceremony 10:30 AM-10:45 AM 15k Road Race Awards Ceremony
5k * 15k * 8M Trail * 2M Walk * Kiddie K
Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742 USA
Events & Pricing
|15k Road Race - 15k Road Race $42.00|
|5k Road Race - 5k Road Race $37.00|
|8 Mile Trail Race - 8M Trail Race $42.00|
|2 Mile Walk - 2 Mile Walk $15.00|
|Kiddie K (10 & Under) - Kiddie K - 10 & Under $13.00|
ABOUT THE CHICKAMAUGA CHASE
Our Special Use Permit with the National Park Service strictly limits the size of The Chickamauga Chase in all events to 2,000 participants. Over the years The Chickamauga Chase has grown steadily from several hundred runners to nearly 1,700. The Trail Race is limited to 400 participants. These limitations are needed to ensure a safe and orderly event, and to preserve the integrity of our great National Park. Please register early to assure your entry!
The Chickamauga Chase has been held since 1969 in the historic and beautiful Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park. The Chickamauga Chase is Chattanooga's oldest continuously run road race, and our signature 15K event is one of America's oldest races at that distance. The courses take runners past many of the park's historic sites, monuments and markers within the Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park, located just a few miles south of Chattanooga, TN near the towns of Ft. Oglethorpe and Chickamauga, GA. With the competitive 15K, Trail Race, 5K, 2 Mile Scenic Walk and Kiddie K, the Chickamauga Chase is a must do event for the entire family!
We are pleased to announce that $2.00 of every 5k, 15k, 8M, and walk registration will be donated to National Park Partners! This organization works year-round to maintain and improve the Battlefield, as well as 5 other local National Parks – making them wonderful places to run, walk, bike, hike, and learn! To learn more about them, please see below or visit their website: https://www.npp-ccm.org/
To follow race updates – please ‘like’ the Chickamauga Chase Facebook page:
Pricing below for 5k, 15k, 8M, and Walk includes a $2.00 donation to National Park Partners (NPP) to support their work maintaining the Chickamauga Battlefield. We enthusiastically support this organization and thank YOU for supporting them as well! All participants may also make additional donations to NPP via the registration process. Register by January 31st to take advantage of best pricing!
Thru Jan 31st 2/1 – 4/13
- Scenic Walk (2 Miles) $13.00 $15.00
- Kiddie K (10 & under) $10.00 $13.00
(TryKidz members receive a discount - check out their website & join today!)
- 5K Road Race $32.00 $37.00
- 15k Road Race $37.00 $42.00
- 8M Trail Race $37.00 $42.00
MAIL IN PAPER ENTRY
Click HERE. Must be received in CTC PO Box no later than 3/22/19 to guarantee correct t-shirt size.
All distances include a race t-shirt. This year’s adult shirts will be cotton/poly blend, gender-specific and will run S-XXL. Youth shirts will be cotton and will run S, M, L. Adults wanting smaller sizing may order youth (cotton) t-shirts if desired.
There will be an optional packet pick up on Friday, 4/12. at Whole Foods Market (301 Manufacturers Road, Chattanooga, TN, 37405) from 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM on the second floor. Whole Foods will once again be offering a $5.00 Pasta dinner for racers! Present bib at 1st floor register to purchase. NEW THIS YEAR - Our friends from Oddstory Brewing Company will be joining us at Whole Foods. You must present bib & valid ID to enjoy their featured brew!
Packets will also be available race morning. See schedule & details below. We will ask to see ID at packet pickup. You MAY pick up someone else’s packet with proof (a text, email, or copy of their confirmation). Your name will be recorded. Registrations will also be taken at packet pick up if race cap has not been met. *NOTE: Credit Card payments will be accepted on Friday, 4/12 for walk up registrations. A $2.00 fee will apply. Cash or check are preferred methods of payment. Cash or checks ONLY on race morning. Checks payable to CTC. Thank you!
Awards will NOT be mailed. If you place in your event and are unable to stay for the award ceremony, please arrange for a friend to grab your award. Awards will be available at Fast Break Athletics the week following the race (4/15 – 4/20). They will NOT be available after the 20thth of April. Thank you for understanding.
- 5k: Top M/F Overall, Masters, Grand Masters, Sr. Grand Masters. Top 3 M/F: 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- 15K: Top M/F Overall, Masters, Grand Masters, Sr. Grand Masters. Top 3 M/F: 19 & under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- 8M Trail: Top M/F Overall, Masters, Grand Masters, Sr. Grand Masters. Top 3 M/F: 19 & under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
BATTLE FOR CHATTANOOGA
Chickamauga Chase is the second of three races in the Battle for Chattanooga race series. The first race in the series was the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon on 11/10/2018. Runners who completed any distance in that race (marathon, half, 5k) are automatically entered in the series. To continue the series, simply complete any of the three qualifying Chickamauga Chase distances (15k, 5k, 8M trail). To complete the series, you must finish with the Missionary Ridge Road Race (4.7 miles, 8/10/2018). There is no additional cost to participate in the Battle for Chattanooga. For more information visit www.runctc.org/battle
- 15k Road Race CLICK HERE - Certification: GA17076WC
- 5k Road Race CLICK HERE - Certification: GA12024WC
- 8M Trail Race CLICK HERE
- 2M Scenic Walk CLICK HERE (Link coming soon! New course in 2019 with ARCH FINISH!)
- Kiddie K CLICK HERE (Link coming soon!)
- Sunday, 3/24/19
11:59 PM – Deadline for guaranteed t-shirt size. Additional shirts will be available for those who register after this date, but size cannot be guaranteed. Shirts cannot be guaranteed for walk-up registrants.
- Monday, 4/1/19
Postmark deadline for mail-in registrations. Please mail by Monday, March 11th to guarantee proper t-shirt size.
- Wednesday, 4/10/19
11:59 PM – Online Registration CLOSES.
- Friday, 4/12/19
3:00 PM – 7:00 PM – Optional packet pick up. Location TBD. Walk up registrations will be accepted. Note price bump for walk up registration. Credit cards accepted, $2.00 Fee. Cash / check preferred.
- Saturday, 4/13/19
- 7:00 AM – Packet pick up and walk up registration begins at Wilder Field for all distances.
- 8:15 AM – Packet pick up and walk up registration CLOSES for all distances.
- 8:30 AM – 15k, 5k, 8M Trail Race
- 8:32 AM - Scenic 2M Walk begins
- 8:35 AM – Kiddie K begins (.6 Miles, 10 & under)
- 9:15 AM – 5k course closes (45 minute cutoff)
- 9:30 AM – 5k Award Ceremony
- 10:45 AM – 15k course closes (2 hour,15 minute cutoff)
- 10:15 AM – 8M Trail Race Award Ceremony
- 10:30 AM – 15k Award Ceremony
Race photos will be taken by Tennessee Sports Pics. We will notify participants via Facebook and email. To learn more about them – please visit their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TN.sports.pics?
RACE DAY PARKING
Effective 4/10/2019 - participants & spectators will park at Oakwood Baptist Church (115 Oakwood St, Chickamauga, GA). Shuttles will run to & from the church & field from 6:30 AM to 12:00 Noon. There will be a drop bag area at Wilder Field. Please use clear bags provided and do not leave valuables. Please allow plenty of time for travel (~ 30 minutes to the Church from downtown Chatt, then 4 mile shuttle to park).
ABOUT THE CHATTANOOGA TRACK CLUB
The Chattanooga Track Club (CTC) is a nonprofit, 501c3 organization founded in 1970. The CTC is a membership based organization dedicated to stimulating interest in running and fitness for all ages and promoting wellness through these activities. We encourage anyone with similar interests to become a member and support our goals. No special qualifications, other than an interest in running and fitness, are required. Members can choose their own level of involvement: participant, volunteer, or sponsor. Everyone, from serious competitor to the casual walker, is welcome. To learn more or become a CTC member visit: www.runctc.org
ABOUT NATIONAL PARK PARTNERS
National Park Partners champions the conservation of the natural, historic, and cultural resources of Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park, including Moccasin Bend National Archeological District. To see maps, upcoming events, or make a donation – please visit their website at www.npp-ccm.org
ABOUT WILD TRAILS
The mission of Wild Trails is to encourage and promote a healthy and active lifestyle through trail running and other forms of outdoor recreation and advocate to protect and preserve land (natural spaces) used for such activities. To learn more: https://wildtrails.org/
ABOUT CHICKAMAUGA AND CHATTANOOGA NATIONAL MILITARY PARK (NPS)
Located in northern Georgia and eastern Tennessee, the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park preserves the sites of two major battles of the American Civil War: the Battle of Chickamauga and the Chattanooga Campaign. To learn more about the Chickamauga Battlefield, visit: https://www.nps.gov/chch/index.htm
- From downtown Chattanooga: (allow approximately 35 minutes driving time)Take Hwy 27 south to I-24 east. Take the Rossville Blvd exit south onto Rossville Blvd/US Hwy 27. This road becomes Lafayette Road and leads into the Park. The distance from I-24 to the entrance of the Park is approximately 6.1 miles.
- Traveling North or South on I-75: About 5 miles south of Chattanooga, take the Battlefield Parkway Exit #350/Hwy 2A. Travel west for about 6.2 miles. Turn left, south, onto Lafayette Road for about 1 mile to enter the Park.
UPDATED 4/10/2019: *** WE WILL PARK AT OAKWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH due to field conditions! ** Parking at Oakwood Baptist Church: As mentioned above in “PARKING” - If NPS determines the fields next to Wilder to be too wet for parking, runners will be instructed to park at Oakwood Baptist Church. (RACERS WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL & FACEBOOK). If alternate parking is necessary, signs will direct you to parking at Oakwood Baptist Church. You will be taken to and from the registration/staging area by bus, approximately 4 miles away.
Latitude/Longitude coordinates for the Parking Area at Oakwood Baptist Church:
|#||Name||Gender||Age||City & State||Event(s)|
|1||Abegg, Christa||Female||62||Ooltewah, TN||5k Road Race|
|2||Abegg, Hal||Male||61||Ooltewah, TN||5k Road Race|
|3||Adamovic, Nina||Female||6||Chattanooga, TN||Kiddie K (10 & Under)|
|4||Adams, Meredith||Female||33||Signal Mountain, TN||8 Mile Trail Race|
|5||Adelson, Nadia||Female||34||East Ridge, TN||5k Road Race|
|6||Albright, Rhonda||Female||59||Flintstone, GA||15k Road Race|
|7||Albright, William||Male||56||Flintstone, GA||5k Road Race|
|8||Alderton, Beth||Female||32||Cohutta, GA||5k Road Race|
|9||Alexin, Kristin||Female||53||Chattanooga, TN||15k Road Race|
|10||Allen, Brianna||Female||13||Resaca, GA||5k Road Race|
|11||Allen, Kayla||Female||26||Chattanooga, TN||2 Mile Walk|
|12||Allen, Sabrina||Female||40||Resaca, GA||5k Road Race|
|13||Andersen, Meredith||Female||50||Dalton, GA||15k Road Race|
|14||Andersen, Mike||Male||54||Dalton, GA||8 Mile Trail Race|
|15||Andersen, Price||Female||15||Dalton, GA||8 Mile Trail Race|
|16||anderson, louis||Male||71||Jasper, TN||5k Road Race|
|17||Anderson, Michael||Male||53||Cleveland, TN||5k Road Race|
|18||Andres, Michael||Male||58||Chattanooga, TN||5k Road Race|
|19||Antrim, David||Male||51||Hixson, TN||15k Road Race|
|20||Appleby, Rachel||Female||34||Ooltewah, TN||8 Mile Trail Race|